Why should you consider orthodontic treatment?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it's needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
When should my child be seen?
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children see an orthodontist as early as age 7. At this point the orthodontist will evaluate whether your child will need orthodontic treatment.
If your child does not require an early phase of treatment, then comprehensive treatment would begin when all of their permanent teeth have erupted, usually around age 12 or 13. Comprehensive treatment requires only one phase of braces for an average of 24 months. Retainers are worn after this phase to ensure your child retains his or her beautiful smile.
Your Orthodontic Transformation- Are Braces Just For Looks?
We know how a new smile will change your life: we see it happen every day! Many times patients start treatment feeling self-conscious about their teeth. They’re uncomfortable talking with others and hide their smiles from the world.
As patients begin to see their teeth move into correct position, they see the change in their appearance. They feel more comfortable with how they look and their self-esteem grows. We hear them begin to laugh and talk openly, and then they start to share their developing smiles.
By the time they’re finished with their treatment, our patients are filled with confidence, engaging with others and smiling without concern. Best of all, they now have a lifetime of incredible smiles before them!
Even if a developmental phase is not required, a comprehensive treatment is not simply aesthetic. There are several health benefits associated with straight teeth, including but not limited to:
- Overall Dental Hygeine- it is much easier to floss and brush around straight teeth. Reducing the amount of plaque build up can directly reduce the chances of developing heart disease or periodontal issues. Increasing overall health and eliminating the need for expensive surgeries.
- Better Dental Function- as we move your teeth into a better position, not only does your smile become straighter and more beautiful, but your teeth will be in a better functional position. This will eliminate wear on your teeth and long term dental issues.
- Better Jaw Function- with your teeth in a more natural postion, there is a greatly reduced chance that you will develop any jaw issues or discomfort.
As you can see, aside from purely aesthetic reasons, orthodontic treatment can benefit every patient's health in multiple ways. Set up your appointment and see how we can help you! 719-488-3737